Monday, July 19, 2010

Moving Forward, Vuvuzelas And Imbeciles

I'm not going to bother putting too much effort into complaining about the whole Julia Gillard Moving Forward cliche spew attack.

Writing an article about the phrase is as original as writing something about how annoying vuvuzelas sound.

The subject is best left to my clear writing, eloquently ranting, superhero, Don Watson who told the Herald Sun:
"It is the cliche of our times. When she started trotting it out I walked away after five minutes. I couldn't stand it any more."

"I don't know why they think it's a winner. And if it is a winner, then I'm even more dumbstruck. It's hard to imagine what the alternative to 'moving forward' is. I don't know - moving backwards? I suppose that's what she's trying to establish"
"People think the only way you can make a political point or persuade people of an argument is to treat them like imbeciles. It's like training a dog."

"She may as well go and stand on a hill and send up a smoke signal. That would have more meaning."
Enough said.

No comments: